Note: This was the Plan for 2021. The plan for 2022 will possibly be similar but is yet to be decided.
The province of Ontario is still in Step 3 of its Roadmap to Reopen. This means that, although indoor cinemas are permitted to operate, requirements related to COVID-19 must be met. The Vintage Film Festival has prepared a Safety Plan for this month’s Festival on Sept. 24th, 25th & 26th. The protocols laid out in this plan should ensure that all Festival patrons can safely enjoy a weekend full of classic films, just as always!
What VFF patrons will need to do
- Stay home, self-isolate and contact your Health Unit if you are experiencing any COVID-related symptoms or if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID.
- Bring your vaccine receipt as well as proof of ID. (See the details in this Ontario Newsroom backgrounder.) Notes:
- This does not apply to children under 12.
- If you have a medical exemption, bring a doctor’s note confirming this.
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival and frequently during the Festival.
- If you’re buying a pass or ticket at the door, provide your contract tracing info.
- Wear a face mask inside the Capitol Theatre at all times, except when eating or drinking.
- Maintain 2 meters of social distance from volunteers and other patrons not in your "bubble".
- Obey all directional signage, seating assignments, washroom occupancy limits and volunteer guidance. In particular,
- enter the auditorium only from the lobby end, and leave it only via the doors by the stage.
- When you first enter the auditorium, you will be assigned socially distanced seating for your “bubble”. Sit only in your assigned seats, and reuse those same seats for the balance of the day.
- If you begin to experience any COVID-related symptoms while at the Capitol, let the volunteers know, then go home, use the Ontario COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, and follow its guidance.
- If you have purchased VFF weekend passes or single tickets, but will not be able to attend because of your vaccination status (see the 2nd bullet above), please
- Although we will hold our usual Friday evening reception, we will not be able to provide “finger food” this year. Feel free to buy snacks in the concessions area.
Download the Safety Plan here (pdf) (final)